Supercritical CO2 (carbon dioxide) is the safest and most gentle extracting method.
"The fact that CO2 is a natural molecule, a compound that in its pure form can be found anywhere in our environment, gives it an enormous advantage over all other solvents used for plant extraction."
To preserve all the beneficial compounds in our products, we only use the highest quality hemp oil that's been processed with this highly efficient supercritical CO2 extraction.
What is supercritical CO2?
Supercritical carbon dioxide is a fluid state of carbon dioxide which occurs when the pressure and temperature of CO2 are both increased to or above its critical points (pressure of 7.39 MPa and temperature of 304.25K). Due to the low toxicity of supercritical CO2 and relatively low temperature of the process, most compounds are extracted with little damage. In other words, a broad range of beneficial molecules are preserved and the extracted concentrates are pure, as opposed to often being lost with other extraction methods.
Heres how it works.
The extraction of raw hemp material is implemented in specially designed high-pressure vessels connected to a complex system of separators and pumps.
- Supercritical CO2 is inserted into a vessel and pumped through a filter
- Once the pressure is released, the supercritical CO2 is separated from the plant matter
- After it evaporates, it is dissolved into cannabinoids.
Due to the fact that supercritical CO2 separates the plant matter very precisely, only the purest essence of the plant is isolated.
Supercritical CO2 extraction:
- process complies with the highest ecological standards
- is highly efficient
- results in extracts that are of higher quality compared to those extracted by liquid solvents
- the extracts are free from any solvent residues which prevents any potential toxicity of the product